Sunday, May 22, 2011

Run for Rachel 5K: Livingston, NJ

NACHO superstar, John Ahearn, contiues to be the enthusiastic comic relief of the Mid Atlantic Chapter - not to mention a PR machine! Check out his account of another successful NACHO outing!

"So after running back-to-back Sat/Sun 5K's the weekend the NACHO's came down to Duc's (the first time I'd ever done back-to-back races) with great times in both races, I wanted to test myself and top my best time. I ran a 29:03 in April of 2010, and I knew I was back to that form, if not beyond. I found the Run for Rachel in Livingston, NJ, and after driving the course during the week I told myself I was gonna PR that bastard. Anything under 29 minutes was gonna be good enough for me, but I blazed it better than I could have ever expected, finishing at 27:50 (official chip time was 28:10, results linked below, but I'm a regular back of the pack starter, so I know I crossed the start line at the :20 mark). Feel free to paraphrase that however it makes sense to you, I'm actually quite intoxicated as write this..."










No comments:

Post a Comment